Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas ATC's

I've been sitting with my laptop at night while watching Dancing with the Stars and creating fun layouts with vintage images of Santa and some old Victorian Photographs. (Still trying to beef up my feedback on my new eBay seller id. so each of these are listed there.)

Here's what I've done:
I've mounted all these on matt board, using my favorite Diamond Glaze... made the atcs nice and kinda chunky... just one of those "feel good" (in your hands) kinda things...
IMG_4222.jpg IMG_4222.jpg picture by bouldercreekantiquesandart
I just love this little girl, peering out from the windows, caught up in the curtains....
IMG_4218.jpg IMG_4218.jpg picture by bouldercreekantiquesandart
Adorable little twin babies... the photo was marked 1909. I had fun using photoshop brushes to make a grunged out background... I finished with using walnut inks on the sides and corners. Mounted all of them on matt board for strength. (I ran out of the bookboards I made! Hafta make more!)

IMG_4213.jpg IMG_4213.jpg picture by bouldercreekantiquesandart
The photo of this little girl is also about 1909... she's sitting on her front porch... she's got attitude! I couldn't resist putting her on top of the world! I used three different Victorian images, cut out the middle of the dotted one, cut out Santa, who was standing on the North Pole, and lifted a Santa hat off another.... plus I grunged out a piece of music.... all digitally!

IMG_4209.jpg IMG_4209.jpg picture by bouldercreekantiquesandart
I love this group of friends.... all bundled up for the chill! I painstakingly cut out little garland hair wreaths for the girls and Santa hats for the boys.... but the hats got lost in the overall composition. I felt I needed to add the garlands on the sides to soften the cut off parts of the photo. The Santa was from a Victorian image and I plunked down the kids after cutting out the background on their photo.


IMG_4215.jpg IMG_4215.jpg picture by bouldercreekantiquesandart

This shows one of the backgrounds I made using the grunge brushes... The little kitty was actually watching a fireplace in another picture.

IMG_4220.jpg IMG_4220.jpg picture by bouldercreekantiquesandart
I felt really good about this background! loved adding in the cracks, old script, etc.

IMG_4223.jpg IMG_4223.jpg picture by bouldercreekantiquesandart
The cool thing about photoshop is that you can alter the hue and saturation, and come up with an entirely new look!! So I've created several "backgrounds" to use for my atcs.... soo cool, who woulda thought!! (and I learned to type on an old manual clunker ~1960's~, then moved up in technology with the IBM selectric!... never dreamed about computers or doing what we can do now!!)

Have a FABULOUS, CREATIVE DAY!!
Hugs, Chris

1 comment:

Aileen said...

What wonderful Christmas ATCs!! Beautiful job!